- 1 lb jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup grapefruit sections, cut in half
- 2 small avocados, cut in half
- lettuce leaves for serving
- lemon juice for squeezing on avocados
- parsley for garnish
This is a wonderful crab salad that is flavored with grapefruit, lemon juice, and avocado. Recipe may be doubled.
- Mix mayonnaise, juice, oil, salt and pepper.
- Put aside 2 tbs of the mixture.
- Mix the rest of the mixture with the crab meat and grapefruit sections.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the avocados to prevent browning.
- Fill the cavities of the avocados with the crab salad.
- Serve salad on a bed of lettuce.
- Drizzle the remaining mixture over the salad.