- 1 lb of mixed mushrooms (button, shitake, cremini, trumpet etc.)
- 3 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 stick of butter
- 3 shallots minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbs fresh parsley
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Mushrooms a super simple to prepare. This version combines a mix of wild and domestic mushrooms, sauteed in olive oil and seasoned with shallot, garlic, thyme, parsley and rosemary and finished with white wine.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Using a damp paper towel or mushroom brush clean the mushrooms and cut each in half length wise.
- In a large saute pan using medium high heat add the olive oil.
- Add the shallots and saute for several minutes until they begin to soften
- Add the garlic and move around the pan with a wooden spoon, taking care not to burn. Saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and saute them for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the butter along with the thyme and rosemary.
- Add the white wine and allow sauce to reduce for 4 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.