- 4 large boneless chicken breasts
- 1 lb fresh spinach, stems removed, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 mayonnaise
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 tbs butter
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a wonderful dish of chicken served on a bead of creamy spinach.
- Steam spinach until wilted. Allow to cool slightly and squeeze some of the water from the spinach.
- In a large bowl mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream mayonnaise, onion and nutmeg.
- Add the spinach, mix well and spread the mixture on the bottom of a (9X13) shallow baking dish.
- Melt butter in a saute pan using medium heat.
- Add the sage, thyme, garlic and paprika. Stir sauce until mixed well.
- Add the chicken to the pan and brown on both sides. About 3 minutes per side.
- Place the chicken in the baking dish atop of the spinach.
- Pour the skilled drippings over the chicken.
- Season with salt and pepper and some lemon juice.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until chicken has cooked through.