- 5 cups of fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- Place raspberries in a sauce pan over medium heat, and cook them gently in their own juice until soft enough to mash easily. About 1 or 2 minutes.
- Press the raspberries through a wire mesh strainer or food mill to remove seeds.
- Extract as mush pulp as possible.
- Return puree to the sauce pan, and add sugar.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves.
- Then increase the heat to medium high and boil rapidly uncovered, until thickened.
- Cool then refrigerate in a covered container.