Barbecued Beef Short Ribs
- 6 lbs beef short ribs, cut into 1 rib pieces
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 2/3 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup packed dark sugar
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbs ground red pepper
- 1 tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 1 cup water
This is a barbecue technique that will guarantee you super tender delicious short ribs.
- Trim excess fat from ribs.
- In a large roasting pan arrange ribs in a single layer.
- In a sauce pan combine soy sauce, sherry, brown sugar, garlic, red pepper, ginger, five spice powder and water.
- Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove heat and cool slightly.
- Pour marinade over ribs. Cover and marinade in refrigerator for two hours, turning once.
- Cover roasting pan with foil.
- In a covered grill, arrange medium hot coals for indirect cooking.
- Place roasting pan on grill rack.
- Cover grill and cook ribs for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil from roasting pan and continue cooking in a covered grill for 45 to 60 minutes more or until they are tender, turning ribs occasionally.
- Brush ribs again with marinade just before serving.