Sherry Ginger Steamed Clams
- 3 dozen little neck clams in the shell
- 1 cup dry sherry
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tsp chopped ginger
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Wash the clams and set aside.
- Place sherry, scallions, garlic and ginger in a large sauce pan and simmer over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add the clams and cover the pan. Simmer until the clams open. About 3-4 minutes.
- Add the clams to a large bowl and discard any that do not open.
- Simmer remaining liquid until it is reduced to about 1 cup. Pour liquid over clams.