Spanish Potato Tortilla
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 large onions sliced
- 4 eggs
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a 8 inch diameter non stick saute pan.
- Place alternate layers of potato and onion in the pan, cover and cook for about 8 minutes over low heat.
- Using tongs, turn the layers in sections. Cover and cook for 8 more minutes.
- Place a strainer over a bowl and drain the potato mixture, reserving 1 tbs of the oil.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add the potato mixture, pressing down with the back of a spoon to completely cover with the egg.
- Heat the reserved oil in the same frying pan over high heat.
- Pour the egg mixture, pressing down to even it out.
- Reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid and cook for about 12 minutes or until set.
- Gently shake the pan to ensure the tortilla is not sticking.
- Leave for 5 minutes, then invert onto a plate.
- Cut into wedges then serve hot.