Egyptian Fava Beans
- 1 (16oz) can of cooked fava beans
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 and 1/2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of 2 lemons
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Red chili pepper to taste
- Pita bread for serving.
This dish in Egypt is called Fool Medemmas. It is commonly served as a breakfast food.
- Pour beans into a pot and bring to a boil, then mix them well and add the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil again, then reduce to medium and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Eat with pita bread.