Indian Spiced Cornish Game Hens
- 2 Cornish game hens
- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tbs cardamon
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 lemon cut in half
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Wash and dry hens. Season them on the inside and out with salt and pepper.
- In a bowl add the rice, cardamon and parsley and mix well.
- With a sharp knife make 2 inserts in each lemon half and insert the whole cloves.
- To the cavities of each bird add a lemon half, cinnamon stick and 1 bay leaf.
- Then add the spiced rice, packing it in well.
- Using butchers twine tie together the legs of the hens.
- Add the hens to a roasting pan and place in a preheated 350 degree oven.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes or until juices run clear.