Pimento Grilled Cheese
- 2 cups Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, chopped
- 8 slices French or Italian bread
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, softened
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, mayonnaise and roasted red peppers.
- Spread the butter on 1 side of each slice of bread.
- Position 4 slices of bread butter side down.
- Top each with 1/4 of the cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining slice of bread, butter side up.
- Heat a non stick skillet and grill sandwiches on medium low heat until golden brown on each side. About 3-5 minutes.
- Remove from pan, slice and serve.
Recipe: courtesy of Wisconsin Cheese