Warm Turkey and Chick Pea Salad
- 2 cups turkey breast, cubed
- 1 cup baby spinach, packed and finely chopped
- 2 tbs shallots, diced
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, crumbled
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 fuji or gala apples, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
This is a wonderful salad that contains baby spinach, basil, shallots and olive oil.
- Heat the olive oil in a small saucepan. Add the vinegar, herbs and shallots and bring to a boil.
- Add chickpeas and 1 tbs of the lemon juice.
- Cook for 5 minutes on medium heat,
- Remove from heat and stir in the remaining lemon juice, turkey and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Rim individual salad plates with apples and evenly divide the salad into the center of each plate.
- Spritz with more lemon juice and serve warm.