- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic,crushed
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 6-8 links of linguisa or hot Italian sausage
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 (15 oz) cans of tomato puree
- 1 (6 oz) can to tomato paste
- 10 cups water
- 2 (15 oz) cans of kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 medium heads of cabbage, chopped
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- In a large stock pot, add the vegetable and saute the onions, sausage and garlic for about 5 minutes or until the sausage is browned all over. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato paste and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer for 2-3 hours, stirring occasionally.