Red Snapper Veracruz Style
|2 lbs red snapper fillets|
|2 lemons, cut in half|
|4 tbs sesame oil|
|1 cup onion, minced|
|5 cloves garlic, crushed|
|1 (16 oz) can whole Italian tomatoes, drained and chopped|
|1 small bunch parsley, chopped|
|2 tbs vinegar|
|2 tbs red wine|
|kosher salt and black pepper to taste|
|2 tsp Mexican oregano|
|2 sprigs fresh thyme|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1/4 cup water|
|10 large green olives, pitted|
|2 jalapeno peppers, sliced|
|2 tbs olive oil|
- Rub fish with lemon on all sides.
- Add sesame oil to a saute’ pan and using medium heat fry fish for about 1 minute on each side.
- Remove fish to a baking dish.
- In the same pan, saute’ the onion, garlic and tomatoes for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the parsley, vinegar, wine, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, sugar and water and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Cover the fish with the sauce, then top with olives and jalapenos.
- Sprinkle with a little olive oil the bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 30 minutes or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily.