Puerto Rican Picadillo
- 1 lb ground beef or pork
- 1/4 oz chopped ham
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp vinegar
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 8 pimento filled green olives, chopped
- 1 tbs capers
- 1/2 cup sofrito
- 1 tbs golden raisins
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
Picadillo is a Puerto Rican meat filling or topping that is commonly used for pastello’s, which are meat pies or used as a stuffing for alcapurias, stuffed green peppers or served over rice.
- Add the vegetable oil to a large skillet and using medium heat add the meat the saute until browned. Drain off the oil.
- Add the ham, sofrito and garlic to the pan and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add all other ingredients and saute, stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning, the season with salt and pepper if desired.