- 1 lb wild salmon filet, cut into 1/8 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup avocado, diced
- 1/4 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 2-3 tbs fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 tbs cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 small shallot, diced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1-2 tsp sesame oil
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- black sesame seeds, for garnish
This version of salmon tartare has an Asian and Latin twist. We use wild salmon, cucumber, avocado, lime juice, chilies, shallots, ginger and sesame oil. This tartare is very creamy and bright with citrus.
- Add all ingredients, except for the salt and pepper to a large non reactive bowl,glass or ceramic, and combine well.
- Taste for seasoning, then season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for 20-30 minutes, then serve atop toasted baguette slices or with tortilla chips.