- 3 fresh hot red habanero peppers
- 3 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 5 large cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
This pepper sauce is widely used in Puerto Rico and contains hot red pepper, bell pepper, peppercorns garlic, lime juice, vinegar and olive oil. This sauce goes especially well with roast pork.
- Combine all ingredients except for the olive oil in a food processor and pulse until a smooth paste forms.
- With the food processor running drizzle in the olive oil in a steady stream.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired.