- 2 lbs rockfish filets, skin on
- 2 dozen small cherry-stone clams
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs minced celery
- 12 small shrimp in shell
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tbs butter
- Dry white wine for poaching
- 1 dozen mussels
Rock fish is also known as striped bass.
- Place the fish filets, skin side down on each side of a baking dish.
- Scrub the clams and mussels well, and arrange then between the filets.
- Sprinkle them with the garlic, celery and olive oil.
- Place the shrimp on the fish, season with salt and pepper and dot with butter.
- Add enough white wine to half cover the fish.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil, bring the wine to a boil and poach for about 10 minutes until the clams open and the fish is done.