Spicy Crab Bisque
|4 tbs butter|
|1 lb lump crab meat|
|2 tbs flour|
|2 cups heavy cream|
|2 cups milk|
|1/2 cup dry sherry or Cognac|
|1 tbs thinly sliced scallions for garnish|
|2-4 tsp cayenne pepper|
|1 tsp anchovy paste|
|kosher salt and white pepper to taste|
|1 cup fish stock or clam juice|
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat,
- Add the flour and cook slowly for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a clean sauce pan heat the cream and milk, then add the fish stock.
- Stir in the sherry or Cognac, chives, cayenne and anchovy paste, then pour into the crab mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper and heat thoroughly, being careful not to let the bisque come to a boil.
- Add the crab meat and heat through.