Caribbean Rum Butter Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 fresh eggs
- 1 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup instant masa
- 1 tea spoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup of dark rum
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 tbs orange juice
- Grated peel of 1/2 lemon
- Grated peel of 1/2 orange
- 3 tbs orange marmalade
- 1 and 2/3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 3 tbs orange juice
Here is a easy to prepare delicious cake with hints of orange lemon, and rum.
- Grease and flour a cake loaf pan or you may use a ring mold pan as pictured.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
- Beat in eggs one at a time,
- Sift all-purpose flour, instant masa and baking powder together.
- Carefully fold into creamed mixture.
- Gradually fold in rum, lemon and orange juice and grated peel.
- Turn batter into prepared pan and smooth the surface,
- Bake for 1 and 1/4 hours until a skewer inserted in center comes our clean.
- Cover with foil if cake is becoming too brown.
- remove cake from pan and cool on rack.
- Warm orange marmalade and spread over top of cooled cake.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice in small bowl.
- Spread frosting over cake.
- You my garnish cake if desired with candied lemon or orange peel.