Caribbean Rum Butter Cake
|3/4 cup unsalted butter softened|
|1 cup sugar|
|5 fresh eggs|
|1 and 2/3 cups all-purpose flour|
|3/4 cup instant masa|
|1 tea spoon baking powder|
|1/2 cup of dark rum|
|1 tbs lemon juice|
|1 tbs orange juice|
|Grated peel of 1/2 lemon|
|Grated peel of 1/2 orange|
|3 tbs orange marmalade|
|1 and 2/3 cups powdered sugar, sifted|
|3 tbs orange juice|
|top with chopped pecans or other nuts (optional)|
Here is a easy to prepare delicious cake with hints of orange lemon, and rum.
- Grease and flour a cake loaf pan or you may use a ring mold pan as pictured.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
- Beat in eggs one at a time,
- Sift all-purpose flour, instant masa and baking powder together.
- Carefully fold into creamed mixture.
- Gradually fold in rum, lemon and orange juice and grated peel.
- Turn batter into prepared pan and smooth the surface,
- Bake for 1 and 1/4 hours until a skewer inserted in center comes our clean.
- Cover with foil if cake is becoming too brown.
- remove cake from pan and cool on rack.
- Warm orange marmalade and spread over top of cooled cake.
- Combine powdered sugar and orange juice in small bowl.
- Spread frosting over cake.
- You my garnish cake if desired with candied lemon or orange peel.