|1 and 1/2 pounds of flank steak|
|2 cloves of garlic|
|1 tbs olive oil|
|Kosher salt and pepper to taste|
|2 eggs hard boiled and sliced|
|1/2 cup Italian parsley|
|1//2 cup coarse grated Swiss cheese|
|3 tbs grated Parmesan|
|Olive oil for frying|
|2 cups marinara sauce|
- Place flank steak on a board and pound it with a meat mallet or heavy pan to tenderize it.
- Crush the garlic in a garlic press and place it on the meat. Add the olive oil and rub the garlic and oil into the meat.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Arrange the eggs on the meat, and add the parsley.
- add the Swiss and Parmesan cheese.
- Roll the whole thing up like a jelly roll. (the slices must cut across the grain of the meat. Secure roll with tooth picks or tie with butchers twine.
- Brown the braciole in a frying pan with olive oil.
- Place in an oven proof dish. Add the tomato sauce and bake covered at 325 degrees for 1 and 1/2 hours
- Slice and serve with sauce…
- If using for Sunday gravy, place braciole into sauce and simmer with other meats.