Puff Pastry Pizzas
- 1 small onion peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb can of peeled skinless Roma tomatoes. (drained)
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons of fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 tbs chopped fresh mixed herbs or 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- 1 package of frozen puff package thawed
- Salami slices, stuffed olives, mushrooms, capers and chopped herbs (use your imagination), mussels, shrimp, squid, smoked salmon etc.
- Strips of red pepper, black olives, cocktail onions and anchovy fillets
- 2 cups shredded emmenthal cheese, mozzarella, or any cheese you like.
- Note. You can use a good quality bottled tomato sauce for a quick version of this recipe.
Here is a quick and easy twist on pizza. This recipe is ideal for quick bite at a cocktail party or any occasion where want a savory snack. You may adapt this recipe using any flavor profile desired.
- Finely chop onion and garlic. Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and garlic cook until soft.
- Break up tomatoes; stir into onion mixture with salt and pepper. Cover pan and simmer mixture for 15 minutes.
- Stir in fresh or dried herbs.
- On a floured surface, roll out pastry dough 1/8 inch thick. Cut into 4 inch squares, or circles as pictured.
- Sprinkle a baking sheet with cold water; place dough squares with tomato mixture. add garnishing ingredients according to taste.
- Sprinkle thickly with cheese, and let stand for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Bake squares 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are golden. Serve hot.