Melt In Your Mouth Crescent Rolls
|4 and 1/2 cups of all purpose flour (sifted)|
|1 package active dry yeast|
|1 cup milk|
|1/3 cup sugar|
|1/3 cup butter|
|1 tsp kosher salt|
|2 beaten eggs|
- In a large mixing bowl stir together 2 cups of flour and the yeast..
- In a medium sauce pan heat the milk and add the sugar butter and salt just warm.
- Add milk mixture to flour along with beaten eggs. Beat with electric mixer on low to medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes. (you may also mix by hand with a wooden spoon. Just take care to mix well)
- While beating stir in as much of the remaining flour as possible.
- Turn dough onto a highly floured surface and knead for about 5 minutes, making a dough that is smooth and elastic.
- Shape dough into a ball, placed in a lightly floured or greased bowl, cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- Punch down dough and remove from bowl and divide into 2 pieces.
- On a floured surface cover dough and let rest for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Take one of the two pieces of dough an gently roll out into a circle.
- With a sharp knife divide dough first into fourth’s, then eighth’s.
- You will have 8 triangles.
- Starting from the wide end of the triangles gently roll dough toward the narrow end and the point.
- Place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Watch carefully
- Makes 16 rolls.
- Note: You may divide dough circles in to sixteenths to yield 32 smaller rolls.