- 4 tbs pan drippings
- 2 cups of Chicken or turkey stock
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 6 tbs All purpose flour
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
In order to make good gravy you must have pan drippings and a good stock. This recipe makes about 2 cups you may also double or triple it depending on how many guests you have. It’s better to have a lot than not enough.
- Once you turkey is done place it on a platter.
- Pour the pan drippings through a fine mesh wire strainer.
- Place roasting pan on top of stove over two burners with medium heat.
- Add the butter and pan drippings to the pan along with the flour.
- Stir constantly to make a deep brown roux making sure to remove brown bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Slowly add stock an mix with a whisk until smooth
- Season to taste with kosher salt an cracked black pepper.
- You may strain gravy through a wire mesh strainer to remove any lumps.