Roasted Leg of Lamb With Onions Potatoes And Carrots
|6 to 7 pound leg of lamb, well trimmed|
|2 cloves of garlic slivered|
|2 tbs kosher salt|
|2 tbs fresh cracked black pepper|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|6 tbs or more of fresh rosemary(you can use dried, but it just doesn't taste as good)|
|8 small white potatoes peeled|
|8 small onions peeled left whole with root end intact|
|8 carrots peeled cut into 4ths|
|1 cup beef broth|
|1/2 cup of red or white wine|
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- With a pare knife make small holes in the lamb large enough to insert your index finger place a clove of garlic and a small sprig of rosemary in each hole. Try to distribute the holes evenly around the leg of lamb.
- Rub the leg of lamb with some olive oil then rub with salt, pepper and some rosemary.
- Place lamb in a roasting pan on a rack and cook for 40 minutes.
- Add vegetables around lamb and beef broth and wine to pan and roast for another 1 and 1/2 hours until tender.
- Remove lamb and vegetables and place on a serving platter.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid in pan and place over medium heat on the stove top.
- Once reduced add flour to the cooking liquid to make a gravy.Whisk to remove all lumps then strain thru a wire mesh strainer.