- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 15oz can of pumpkin
- 1 and 2/3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3 oz package of cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup of butter softened
- 1 tsp of vanillia
- 2 cups of sifted powdered sugar.
OK, I know what you are thinking but believe me when I say this recipe is to die for…We have been eating these things all day! Once you take a bite you are hooked for life. The bonus is that they are simple and easy to make. This recipe first appeared in the Better Homes and Gardens magazine more than 25 years ago. Not only can they be made as pumpkin bars, you can make them as cupcakes and add nuts or raisins or whatever your creative urges dictate.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl beat together the eggs, pumpkin, sugar and oil with an electric mixer until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until well combined. If desired stir in the chopped pecans.
- Spread batter in an ungreased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting. (recipe for frosting to follow)
- Top with additional pecan halves if desired
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In a medium bowl combine the cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Beat until fluffy.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, beating until smooth.