Glazed Baked Ham with Ginger Honey and Brown Sugar and Dijon Mustard
- 4 lb smoked uncooked boneless ham
- 1 onion
- 18 cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 and 1/4 cups of dry white wine
- 1/4 cup of dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup root beer
- 1 tbs honey
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbs Dijon mustard
What would the holidays be without our beloved glazed baked ham. Here it is step by step..Follow this recipe and you can’t go wrong.
- If the ham has been given a salty cure, soak it in cold water to cover for 3 hours. Discard the water and place the ham in a sauce pan.
- Add the onion stuck with 2 cloves, the bay leaf, peppercorns, and 1 cup of the white wine.
- Add enough water to cover the ham. Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile make the glaze.
- Place brown sugar, 2 tbs of the orange juice, the honey, ginger, root beer and mustard in a bowl and mix well.
- Drain the ham and discard the onion, peppercorns, and bay leaf.
- Remove the skin from the ham and score the fat into a diamond pattern.
- Place the ham in a baking dish and stud with remaining cloves in the scored fat.
- pour the remaining wine and orange juice into the dish.
- Spoon one third of the glaze over the ham.
- Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for about 45 minutes.
- Baste with the pan juices and glaze about 4 times during the cooking.
- Discard the pan juices and serve the ham hot or cold carved into slices.