Baked Tomato Cups With Mozzarella, Goat Cheese and Basil
- 6 large vine ripe tomatoes
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz fresh goat cheese
- 2 tbs chopped basil
- Butter or Boston Lettuce for serving
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- 3/4 cup olive
- 3 tbs white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Fresh mozzarella, goat cheese, tomatoes,basil, olive oil, Dijon mustard and honey.
- Cut a thin slice from the base of each tomato and discard.
- Using a small, sharp knife or teaspoon, carefully scoop out the seeds, keeping the tomato shells whole.
- Strain the scooped out tomato pulp and reserve the juices.
- Shred or finely chop the mozzarella cheese and mix with the basil, goat cheese and enough reserved tomato juice to form a thick, creamy mixture.
- Season, then spoon into the tomato shells.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven until the cheese mixture looks melted and golden and the tomatoes are lightly cooked, but not too soft. About 20 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of the salad greens and dress with the vinaigrette.