Baked Tomato Cups With Mozzarella, Goat Cheese and Basil
|6 large vine ripe tomatoes|
|4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese|
|4 oz fresh goat cheese|
|2 tbs chopped basil|
|Butter or Boston Lettuce for serving|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|3/4 cup olive|
|3 tbs white wine vinegar|
|1/2 tsp honey|
|2 tsp Dijon mustard|
|kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste|
Fresh mozzarella, goat cheese, tomatoes,basil, olive oil, Dijon mustard and honey.
- Cut a thin slice from the base of each tomato and discard.
- Using a small, sharp knife or teaspoon, carefully scoop out the seeds, keeping the tomato shells whole.
- Strain the scooped out tomato pulp and reserve the juices.
- Shred or finely chop the mozzarella cheese and mix with the basil, goat cheese and enough reserved tomato juice to form a thick, creamy mixture.
- Season, then spoon into the tomato shells.
- Place the tomatoes on a baking sheet and bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven until the cheese mixture looks melted and golden and the tomatoes are lightly cooked, but not too soft. About 20 minutes.
- Serve on a bed of the salad greens and dress with the vinaigrette.