- 1/2 cup of short grain rice
- 1 quart of milk
- 1 bay leaf
- freshly ground nutmeg to taste
- 1 tbs Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tbs of unsalted butter
- 1 Mango
Here is a super sweet old fashioned version of rice pudding, sure to become one of your favorite desserts.
- lightly grease a shallow 1 and 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Add the rice, milk, sugar, bay leaf, nutmeg and cinnamon and stir gently.
- Dot the surface of the pudding with butter place on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 30 minutes.
- Stir the pudding mixture.
- Return to the oven and bake until almost all of the milk has been absorbed and a golden brown skin has formed on the top of the pudding.. About 2 hours.
- Cover the pudding loosely with foil toward the end of cooking if necessary.
- Top with sliced mango.