Salmon and Scallops on Lemon Grass Skewers
|8 lemon grass stalks (slightly sharpened at one end)|
|1/2 pound of skinless salmon fillet|
|8 large fresh sea scallops|
|1/2 sweet red bell pepper cut into 8 squares|
|1/2 sweet green pepper cut into 8 squares|
|1/2 red onion cut into 3 inch chunks|
|2 tbs of unsalted butter|
|Juice of 1/2 lemon|
|Kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper|
|2 tbs of dry vermouth or dry white wine (for the sauce)|
|1 stick of unsalted butter (for the sauce)|
|1 tsp of chopped tarragon (for the sauce)|
|1 shallot minced finely (for the sauce)|
|1 clove of garlic finely minced|
These Salmon and Scallops have a bit of Asian influence with the lemon grass skewers and a French twist with the butter tarragon sauce.
- Pre-heat broiler.
- Cut the lemon grass stalks making skewers, leaving the bottom bulb for another use.
- Cut the salmon into 12 (1 inch) cubes.
- Build the skewers, alternating the salmon, scallops, onions, red and green peppers.
- Brush the skewers all over with melted butter. Season with salt and pepper.
- Broil the skewers for about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Turning once and basting.
- Transfer to a platter and keep warm
- Add remaining sauce to the pan and saute the shallot and garlic gently for about 2 minutes.
- Add the left over sauce from skewers to the pan along with the white wine and bring to a boil and reduce.
- Lower the heat and add the butter, then stir in the chopped tarragon and re-season.
- Pour sauce over the skewers and serve.