Southern Peach Cobbler
- 6 cups of canned peaches
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbs of juice from the peaches
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of flour
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 1 stick of unsalted butter softened
This recipe is a family favorite and is equally delicious made with mixed berries. If you choose to use berries you are want to add 2 to 4 tbs of sugar to the berries.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place peaches in a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon, peach juice and lemon juice.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, oats, brown sugar and butter. Mix with a fork until crumbly.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture evenly over the fruit.
- Bake at 375 degrees until the topping is golden brown.
- Cool sightly and serve. It’s great with homemade vanilla ice cream.