Blue Fish with Oranges and Red Onions
|2 lbs Bluefish|
|2 oranges peeled and sliced|
|1 red onion sliced thin|
|2 tbs melted butter|
|1/2 cup orange juice|
|1 tbs grated orange peel|
|1/8 tsp ground ginger|
|2 tsp honey|
|Kosher or sea salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
Blue fish is a wonderful fish that is abundant along the Atlantic and Gulf coasts. It has a rich fatty textured flesh that ranges from white to silver gray. Be sure to remove the dark oily strip that runs down the center of the fish. Blue fish is best prepared baked or broiled. It is also delicious smoked or cook over charcoal.
- Place fish in a greased baking dish in one layer.
- Arrange orange and onion slices artfully over fish.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, then pour over fish.
- Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes
- Baste often during baking.