Calf’s Liver Venetian Style with Red Wine and Butter
- 2 lbs calf's liver
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs butter
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 lemon, quartered
The classic flavor of Venice. This calf’s liver is melt in your mouth delicious!
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil and butter over moderate heat until sizziling.
- Add the liver and saute quickly on both sides until tender and slightly pink. About 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season liver with salt and pepper and transfer to a platter.
- Add garlic to pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the red wine vinegar and oregano and simmer using low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and pour over the liver.
- Serve and garnish with lemon wedges.