Calf’s Liver Venetian Style with Red Wine and Butter
|2 lbs calf's liver|
|2 tbs olive oil|
|1 tbs butter|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|4 cloves garlic, minced|
|1/3 cup red wine vinegar|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
|2 tbs chopped parsley|
|1 lemon, quartered|
The classic flavor of Venice. This calf’s liver is melt in your mouth delicious!
- In a large saute pan heat olive oil and butter over moderate heat until sizziling.
- Add the liver and saute quickly on both sides until tender and slightly pink. About 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season liver with salt and pepper and transfer to a platter.
- Add garlic to pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the red wine vinegar and oregano and simmer using low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and pour over the liver.
- Serve and garnish with lemon wedges.