- 1 lb of chicken livers, trimmed of sinew
- 3 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 tbs oregano
- 1 ts fresh rosemary, trimed
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
Chicken livers are not commonly cooked over charcoal, but once you taste these you will be truly amazed.
- In a non reactive bowl (glass or ceramic) combine the lemon juice, grated lemon rind, olive oil, oregano, rosemary and garlic.
- Add the chicken livers and marinate covered in refrigerator for several hours.
- Thread chicken livers on skewers and cook over hot charcoal for about 10 minutes, turning once. Take care not to overcook.
- Serve hot on toothpicks or on crust slices of bread.