Chocolate Fudge Sauce
Why buy the stuff in a squeeze bottle when you can make your own fudge sauce. This sauce is great with ice cream or great to make your own homemade “egg cream” which ais a NYC favorite. To make fudge sauce and egg cream just add this fudge sauce to half a glass of milk and top with seltzer water and mix well.
- 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 9 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tbs butter
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract (do not use imitation)
- 1 tbs rum or brandy (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients, except the vanilla extract and rum in a saucepan using low heat. Mix well.
- Slowly bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil for 5 minutes, then ad the vanilla extract and rum if using.
- Let cool before serving.
- Serve with ice cream or make a egg cream. (chocolate sauce, milk and seltzer water)