|1 lb of fresh Halibut cut into 1 inch chunks|
|Juice of 3 lemons|
|Juice of 3 limes|
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1 large ripe tomato, chopped|
|2 tbs chopped parsley|
|2 shallots, minced|
|1 green or red Serrano chili (you may remove seeds before chopping, But it you like spicy leave them in)|
|1 tsp chili powder|
|10 to 12 green olives with pimento halved|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a spicy version of ceviche that uses lemon and lime and olives to give it a special twist in flavor.
- Combine halibut with lemon and lime juice in a nor reactive bowl. Make sure fish is completely covered by juice.
- Cover the bowl and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator, and add the tomatoes, shallots, Serrano, shallots, chili powder,salt and pepper.
- Return to the refrigerator and let marinate for another hour.
- Before serving drain juices through a wire strainer and reserve. The juices may be served in small shot glasses for sipping (leche de tigre or milk of the tiger)
- Return the fish to a bowl and add the olives and parsley. Mix gently
- Serve in Martini glasses or on a leaf of butter lettuce.