- 1 lb of fresh Halibut cut into 1 inch chunks
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Juice of 3 limes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large ripe tomato, chopped
- 2 tbs chopped parsley
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1 green or red Serrano chili (you may remove seeds before chopping, But it you like spicy leave them in)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 10 to 12 green olives with pimento halved
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a spicy version of ceviche that uses lemon and lime and olives to give it a special twist in flavor.
- Combine halibut with lemon and lime juice in a nor reactive bowl. Make sure fish is completely covered by juice.
- Cover the bowl and let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- Remove bowl from refrigerator, and add the tomatoes, shallots, Serrano, shallots, chili powder,salt and pepper.
- Return to the refrigerator and let marinate for another hour.
- Before serving drain juices through a wire strainer and reserve. The juices may be served in small shot glasses for sipping (leche de tigre or milk of the tiger)
- Return the fish to a bowl and add the olives and parsley. Mix gently
- Serve in Martini glasses or on a leaf of butter lettuce.