Mexican Cheesy Dip with Black and Pinto Beans
|1 lb shredded cook chicken (cooked ground beef, or chorizo sausage)|
|1 tb olive oil|
|1 cup chopped red onion|
|1 green bell pepper, diced|
|1 tb garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup of ripe black olives sliced into rounds|
|15 oz can of black beans drained|
|15 oz can pinto beans|
|1lb of frozen corn kernels|
|8 oz can of enchilada sauce|
|1 cup salsa|
|1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped|
|1 tsp adobo seasoning|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|2 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded|
|2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded|
This dip is sure to be the party favorite. Full of spicy Mexican flavors. You can make this dip meatless or your choice of chicken, beef or chorizo sausage.
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
- tortilla chips for dipping
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook until softened.
- In a large bowl combine the chicken, cooked vegetables, beans, corn, enchilada sauce, salsa, cilantro, salt, pepper and adobo seasoning. Mix well.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the pan.
- In a separate bowl combine the cheeses.
- Sprinkle half the cheese mixture over the chicken mixture in the pan.
- Top with remaining chicken/vegetable mix, then top with the rest of the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minute.
- Sprinkle black olives and the garnishes of your choice and sere with chips for dipping.