Smoked Salmon (artificial smoking)
|2 tbs liquid smoke|
|2 tbs soy sauce|
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|1 lb fresh salmon fillet, skin on|
|1 tbs canola oil|
Traditionally Salmon has been smoked over wood. This recipe was created for the home cook with a great deal of cheating. It delivers amazing flavors and is ideal for an appetizer.
- In a shallow pan combine the liquid smoke, soy sauce and sugar. Mix well.
- Place the fish fillets in the marinade and let stand for 2 hours, turning frequently.
- Brush both sides of fish generously with canola oil, then place skin side down over an oiled rack set over a pan to catch excess marinade.
- Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree over for 45 minutes.
- Cool then refrigerate. Serve at room temperature.