- 6 freshwater trout fillets or 3 whole trout
- Flour for dredging
- 2 tsp kosher or sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 6 tbs of unsalted butter
- 2 tbs if minced parsley
- Juice of one lemon
Here is a delicious New Orleans Favorite. Quick and super simple.
- Dry trout and roll lightly in flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Saute in hot butter for about 5 minutes, turning once during cooking until brown on both sides.
- Put trout on a warm serving dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley, and re-season with salt and pepper.
- Put the lemon juice into the brown butter in the pan. When it is foamy, pour over the fish.