Fried Green Tomato Sandwiches Stuffed with Spicy Cream Cheese
|1 large green tomato|
|1/2lb cream cheese|
|1 jalepeno or Serrano pepper diced (if you like spicy leave the seeds in)|
|2 tbs chopped fresh basil or 1 tbs dried|
|1 panko bread crumbs|
|1 tbs chopped parsley|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|1 cup flour|
|4 eggs, beaten|
|Canola for frying|
|1 large green tomato, diced|
|1/4cup red onion, minced|
|1 tbs chopped basil|
|1 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|Kosher salt and fresh cracked blak pepper to taste|
|1 tsp sugar|
This is southern classic with a twist. Once you have preped your ingredients it is super simple to prepare.
- Combine relish ingredients and mix well. Let the flavors marry for 30 minutes
- Slice the other tomato into 8 thick slices.
- Add hot peppers to cream cheese and mix well until cheese is softend.
- Spread cheese evenly over 4 of the tomato slices.
- Place another slice of tomato over the cream cheese.
- Mix the parsley with the bread crumbs.
- Beat the eggs well.
- Dip the sandwich in flour, cover and tap off excess flour.
- Dip the sandwich in egg wash then in the bread crumb mix.
- In a saute pan fill with about 1/2 inch of oil and fry the sandwiches for about 5 minutes, turning halfway through cookink.
- Sandwiches should be golden brown.