Pork Chops with Olives White Wine Sage and Rosemary
- 2 lbs of pork chops (about 8 medium chops)
- flour for dredging
- 1/4 cup extra virgin oil
- 3 sage leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 2 stems of fresh rosemary
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup of pitted green olives
- 2 tbs of capers, drained
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is super simple recipe that creates a delicious sauce to complement the pork. The pork is flavored with rosemary, sage, white wine, green olives and capers.
- Dredge the chops in flour and shake off excess.
- In a large saute pan heat the olive oil using medium heat.
- Add the chops and sage leaves to the skillet and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, turning halfway through cooking.. Chops should be lightly golden .
- Add the wine, olives and capers.
- Lower the heat to simmer and continue to cook for another 10 minutes until the sauce begins to thicken.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove and discard the sage and transfer the chops to a serving platter.
- Garnish the platter with rosemary stems.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and garnish with a few leaves of sage.