- 2 cups fresh dates, pitted
- 8 tbs soft butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats
This cake is very easy to make. It’s great with a hot cup of coffee.
- Grease a 9 inch spring form cake pan.
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
- Finely chop dates.
- Cream margarine, sugar and vanilla in a bowl until fluffy
- Gradually add the flour, salt and oats. Mix with finger tips until crumbly.
- Spread half the oat mixture over the bottom of a greased cake pan.
- Press the mixture down into pan, raising the sides slightly.
- Spread dates over the oat mixture.
- Crumble the remaining mixture overt the top.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool in pan then remove and serve warm.