Green Pea Salad with Baby Spinach Bacon and Dijon Vinaigrette
|6 cups of baby spinach|
|1 cup of fresh peas (you may use frozen)|
|1 hard boiled egg, chopped|
|4 slices of thick sliced bacon, chopped and cooked until crispy, then drained|
|1/4 cup of thinly sliced scallions|
|2 tbs red wine vinegar|
|1 tsp Dijon mustard|
|1/2 tsp sugar|
|1 tbs extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
This is a wonderful spring salad that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
- Blanch peas in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Drain and place peas in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- In a salad bowl add the peas to the salad greens.
- Add the bacon, chopped egg and scallions
- In a separate bowl combine the vinegar, mustard, sugar and oil.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper
- Add dressing to salad and mix gently.