- 6 cups of baby spinach
- 1 cup of fresh peas (you may use frozen)
- 1 hard boiled egg, chopped
- 4 slices of thick sliced bacon, chopped and cooked until crispy, then drained
- 1/4 cup of thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a wonderful spring salad that can be prepared in less than 30 minutes.
- Blanch peas in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Drain and place peas in an ice bath to stop the cooking.
- In a salad bowl add the peas to the salad greens.
- Add the bacon, chopped egg and scallions
- In a separate bowl combine the vinegar, mustard, sugar and oil.
- Season dressing with salt and pepper
- Add dressing to salad and mix gently.