Italian Vegetable Soup
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cups of vegetable stockstock
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 2 carrots,chopped
- 12/ cup of fresh or frozen peas
- 1 rib of celery chopped
- 1 ripe tomato chopped
- 3 chard leaves, chopped
- 1 cup of small pasta of your choice
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, chopped
- 1 cup cabbage,chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup lentils
- 1/2 cup basil, chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, cut int0 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup canned cannelloni beans
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated
This is a super good version of minestrone soup chocked full of vegetables .
- Chop up all the vegetables and herbs into manageable pieces.
- Add chicken stock and water to a large stock pot.
- Over medium heat and all of the vegetables to the pot and cook until almost tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the pot and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drizzle in some olive oil and mix well.
- Serve dusted with some Parmesan and crusty bread.