Italian Vegetable Soup
|4 cups of water|
|4 cups of vegetable stockstock|
|2 zucchini, chopped|
|12/ cup of fresh or frozen peas|
|1 rib of celery chopped|
|1 ripe tomato chopped|
|3 chard leaves, chopped|
|1 cup of small pasta of your choice|
|1 leek, white and light green parts, chopped|
|1 cup cabbage,chopped|
|4 cloves of garlic, minced|
|1/2 cup lentils|
|1/2 cup basil, chopped|
|1 onion chopped|
|4 medium potatoes, cut int0 1/2 inch cubes|
|1 cup canned cannelloni beans|
|extra virgin olive oil|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|Parmesan cheese, grated|
This is a super good version of minestrone soup chocked full of vegetables .
- Chop up all the vegetables and herbs into manageable pieces.
- Add chicken stock and water to a large stock pot.
- Over medium heat and all of the vegetables to the pot and cook until almost tender, about 25 minutes.
- Add the pasta to the pot and cook for another 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drizzle in some olive oil and mix well.
- Serve dusted with some Parmesan and crusty bread.