Lemon and Lime Tuna Salad in Tomato Cups
|2 (6 oz) cans of solid white albacore tuna|
|juice from 1 lime|
|juice from 1 lemon|
|1 tbs cilantro|
|1 celery stalk, chopped|
|1/2 small red onion,minced|
|1 tb mayonnaise|
|1 tsp cumin|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste|
|4 ripe tomatoes, corred and seeds removed|
|4 lemon and lime wedges|
|4 large butter lettuce leaves or any variety lettuce you would like to use|
This is citrusy delicious version of tuna salad. The lemon and lime give this salad an extra punch.
- Core and seed the tomatoes. Make 3 vertical cuts in the tomato, so it will open up like a flower.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork and slightly break up the tuna.
- Add the lemon and lime juice, cilantro, mayonnaise and onion.
- Add the cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix.
- Line 4 plates with the lettuce leaves.
- Stuff the tuna into the tomato cups and place atop lettuce on each plate.
- Garnish plates with lemon and lime wedges.