- 2 (6 oz) cans of solid white albacore tuna
- juice from 1 lime
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tbs cilantro
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion,minced
- 1 tb mayonnaise
- 1 tsp cumin
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 4 ripe tomatoes, corred and seeds removed
- 4 lemon and lime wedges
- 4 large butter lettuce leaves or any variety lettuce you would like to use
This is citrusy delicious version of tuna salad. The lemon and lime give this salad an extra punch.
- Core and seed the tomatoes. Make 3 vertical cuts in the tomato, so it will open up like a flower.
- In a medium bowl, use a fork and slightly break up the tuna.
- Add the lemon and lime juice, cilantro, mayonnaise and onion.
- Add the cumin and season with salt and pepper.
- Gently mix.
- Line 4 plates with the lettuce leaves.
- Stuff the tuna into the tomato cups and place atop lettuce on each plate.
- Garnish plates with lemon and lime wedges.