- Juice for 3 oranges
- juice from 3 lemons
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves,smashed and minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dry oregano leaves
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
This is a classic Cuban condiment that is very easy to make. It is used as a table sauce to pour of everything from meat to vegetables. Traditionally it is prepared using sour oranges. Since sour oranges are not always easily obtainable this version uses lime juice pared with orange juice to replicate the flavor.
- Place all ingredients in a bowl , mix well and allow to marinate for 1 hour before using.
- Spoon over meat when serving.
- Recipe may be doubled or tripled.