- 1 egg plant, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 whole head of garlic, cloves individually peeled
- 5 ripe tomatoes, quartered and seeds removed
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 scallions chopped, white and green parts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbs balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes (add more if you like it spicier)
- 1 tsp oregano
- Juice from 1 lemon
This is great appetizer that is super healthy, and delicious.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place vegetables in a shallow baking dish.
- Drizzle over the olive oil, vinegar. Gently stir vegetables to make sure they are coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a single layer place vegetables in a hot oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Once done place the vegetables in the refrigerator to cool
- Add the red pepper flakes and the oregano.
- Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Serve on crusty bread.