Roasted Eggplant with Tomato and Garlic
|1 egg plant, peeled and cut into chunks|
|1 whole head of garlic, cloves individually peeled|
|5 ripe tomatoes, quartered and seeds removed|
|1 red onion, chopped|
|2 scallions chopped, white and green parts|
|1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil|
|3 tbs balsamic vinegar|
|kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste.|
|1 tsp red pepper flakes (add more if you like it spicier)|
|1 tsp oregano|
|Juice from 1 lemon|
This is great appetizer that is super healthy, and delicious.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place vegetables in a shallow baking dish.
- Drizzle over the olive oil, vinegar. Gently stir vegetables to make sure they are coated.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a single layer place vegetables in a hot oven.
- Roast for 45 minutes.
- Once done place the vegetables in the refrigerator to cool
- Add the red pepper flakes and the oregano.
- Taste and re-season if necessary.
- Serve on crusty bread.