English Sausage Rolls
- 2 lbs of sweet Itallian sausage
- 1 medium onion or 3 shallots,chopped
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 small bunch parsley,chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 flour
- 1 package of frozen puff pastry
- kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste.
We are using Italian sausage for this recipe because it is readily available. The sausage is wrapped in puff pastry, seasoned with onion, parsley and garlic.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the sausage from the casing and mix with the onion, parsley and garlic. Set aside.
- Take the puff pastry sheets and cut along the folds to make 6 seperate sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface roll each sheet until very thin.
- Using a fork or pastry docker, make small puncture holes all over the pastry sheets
- Evenly place some of the sausage mixture in the middle of each pastry sheet.
- Brush the top and bottom of the pastry sheet with beaten egg and fold the pastry sheet over forming it into an roll.
- Seal the ends of the roll.
- Brush the rolls with egg wash.
- Place the six rolls on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees or until sausage is cooked and the rolls are golden brown. About 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remmove roll from oven and let cool.
- Using a serated knife,cut the rolls into 1 to 2 inch sections.
- Place rolls on a platter and serve as appetizers.