English Sausage Rolls
|2 lbs of sweet Itallian sausage|
|1 medium onion or 3 shallots,chopped|
|2 cloves garlic,minced|
|1 small bunch parsley,chopped|
|1 egg beaten|
|1 package of frozen puff pastry|
|kosher salt and fresh crack black pepper to taste.|
We are using Italian sausage for this recipe because it is readily available. The sausage is wrapped in puff pastry, seasoned with onion, parsley and garlic.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the sausage from the casing and mix with the onion, parsley and garlic. Set aside.
- Take the puff pastry sheets and cut along the folds to make 6 seperate sheets.
- On a lightly floured surface roll each sheet until very thin.
- Using a fork or pastry docker, make small puncture holes all over the pastry sheets
- Evenly place some of the sausage mixture in the middle of each pastry sheet.
- Brush the top and bottom of the pastry sheet with beaten egg and fold the pastry sheet over forming it into an roll.
- Seal the ends of the roll.
- Brush the rolls with egg wash.
- Place the six rolls on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees or until sausage is cooked and the rolls are golden brown. About 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remmove roll from oven and let cool.
- Using a serated knife,cut the rolls into 1 to 2 inch sections.
- Place rolls on a platter and serve as appetizers.