Italian Sausage Crostini
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil, plus extra
- 4 sweet Italian sausages, casing removed and crumbled
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 slices of crusty bread
- 1 clove of garlic
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
This is a recipe from Tuscany that is bright with Italian flavors. The sausage is seasoned red pepper flakes, garlic and fennel seeds.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly brush a baking sheet with olive oil.
- In a bowl, combine the sausages,olive oil, red pepper flakes and fennel seeds.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.Put the bread slices in the oven and toast until they are golden.
- Remove from the oven and rub each side of the bread with garlic.
- Place the sausage mixture evenly among each slice of bread, then place them on the oiled baking sheet.
- Transfer to the oven to bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until sausage is cooked through.
- Cool before serving.