Spaghetti with Garlic Olive Oil and Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 lb of spaghetti
- 7 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic,minced
- 1 tbs red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper
- Parsley, chopped for garnish
This is a classic Italian preparation that is quick and easy and ultimately delicious.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add about 2 tbs of salt and the pasta.
- Cook until just under al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large skilled over medium low heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the garlic and cook until the garlic softens and is golden but not brown.
- Add the pepper flakes and cook for 30 seconds.
- Drain the pasta, then add to the skillet.
- Cook for 1 minute,,then season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the pasta on a serving platter and top with the sauce and garnish with chopped parsley.