Shrimp and Asparagus Salad with Orange Marmalade
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, tough ends snapped off.
- 4 tbs orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 lb small shrimp, peeled, and cooked in boiling water
- 1 cup red leaf lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup orange sections
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 2 tbs unsweetened coconut
Spring means asparagus. This salad use fresh asparagus along with orange marmalade, walnuts and coconut to create a flavor sensation. The dressing is slightly thick with a sweet tangy flavor.
- In a blender, combine mustard, marmalade, red wine vinegar and oil. Blend until emulsified.
- Add the shrimp to a pot of simmering water and cook until slightly pink.
- Drain shrimp and add to a ice bath to stop cooking. Set aside.
- Cook asparagus in simmering water for about 2 minutes. Drain and add to an ice bath.
- Drain asparagus.
- Add salad greens to a large bowl.
- Add the shrimp, asparagus and orange sections.
- Add dressing to toss until salad is glistening. Take care not to add to much dressing. Less is more.